RedZone Free Hotspots
Choose the "RZ Hotspot" SSID
Click the Sign Up button
RedZone is building a statewide network of FREE WiFi hotspots. These hotspot locations allow you to connect any WiFi enabled device (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.) to the Internet and surf for FREE1. The process is simple;
- Connect to the WiFi signal "RZ Hotspot"
- Open your web browser
- When you see the portal, click the Sign Up button to start your free session.
You can also choose to pay for premium service, which offers faster speeds, and higher data transfer limits. Surf FREE for an hour each day at any location, or sign-up and pay for one day, one week, or one month of service and use your account at any of our FREE hotspot locations.
FREE & Paid hotspot locations (FREE in Blue, PAID in Red)
View Hotspots in a larger map
1Free Internet session limited to 1 hour per day
Benefits for Hosts
Your own branding on the portal
- Your business will be listed as a REDZONE-FREE hotspot. Business travelers, tourists, and area residents patronize businesses offering FREE WiFi.
- FREE advertising on Captive Portal (start) page, and landing page with links to your website
- Targeted advertising opportunity on REDZONE-FREE hotspots regionally, or statewide*
Client / Guest Support
- RedZone support for your customers via email, FAQ / knowledge base, & phone
- Content filtering (per your requirements)
- Firewall, to protect your business network
- Monitoring, updates, system support 24/7/365
* Reduced advertising rates for hotspot hosts
- Where is hotspot service available?
- For a map of current hotspot locations, click here. FREE hotspots are denoted by BLUE markers.
- Where can I use the service?
- Sign up at any RedZone Free hotspot and you can use your account at any of our Free hotspot locations as long as you're browsing on the same device you signed up with.
- How do I sign up for service?
- At any RedZone hotspot location, connect to the WiFi signal “RZ Hotspot”. Open your web browser - you will be re-directed to a signup screen. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete signup.
- What are the benefits of using RedZone hotspots?
- RedZone hotspots allow you to stay connected to the Internet at high-speed when you are on the go, at places like restaurants, parks, train stations, ferry terminals, marinas, hotels, campgrounds, and other venues.
- How much does it cost?
- RedZone offers several plan options for hotspot customers. You can connect for Free up to 1 hour per day, or you can select from several premium service options which give you faster speeds, and significantly more data usage.
- Will I be charged any set-up fees?
- No. There are no set-up fees for connecting to RedZone hotspots.
- What forms of payment does RedZone accept?
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, or you can pay with Paypal.
- What speeds can I expect at a RedZone hotspot?
- Speeds vary by plan type. Free hotspot service provides speeds up to 768 kbps down, 256 kbps up. Pay-as-you-go, and recurring hotspot plans provide speeds up to 3 Mbps down, and 768 kbps up.
- Are there limits on data usage?
- Yes. Free service is limited to 200MB down, 50 MB up per (1 hour) session, and a 24hr intersession period. Paid service is limited to 2 GB down, 500 MB up per day.
- Can I access my corporate network through RedZone?
- Yes, your corporate IT administrator can help you to configure a VPN to access your corporate network over the RedZone network.
- How do I configure my email to send and receive on the RedZone network?
There are no "RedZone" settings for email. However, for safe and secure communication RedZone recommends the use of password authenticated, SSL encrypted mail.
In an effort to inhibit the proliferation of SPAM, RedZone BLOCKS outbound port 25 traffic. You will need to use alternative ports to send email, or use your mail providers web-based mail application when connected to the RedZone network.
Please follow your email provider's instructions to configure mail settings on your computer.
- Will I have a secure connection to the Internet?
- The RedZone network is protected from unauthorized use and from malicious activity; however, RedZone does not police the Internet and cannot ensure your security while connected to the Internet. Protection of your computer system and files is your responsibility. There are certain measures that you can take to ensure your privacy and security. RedZone highly recommends that you conduct all internet-based transactions through secure socket (https://) connections and that you access your corporate network through a secure VPN. You should also subscribe to virus protection, and spyware/adware protection services from a reputable provider.
- Are there additional precautions I can take and/or FREE antivirus software I can download to ensure my system's security?
All security systems have limitations, and cannot protect you completely from all the threats on the Internet. Be sure that you install and maintain the latest virus and spyware/adware protection software. RedZone recommends the following free software:
- Can I connect more than one computer/device to a RedZone hotspot?
- Yes, you can connect multiple computers to a hotspot, but each computer will need its own account in order for both devices to be online at the same time.
- How can I change my credit card information?
Click the "Login" button on the Captive Portal / signup screen to access your account, or contact our billing department at email@example.com, or (207) 596-5700, option "5" Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
- Do I receive a billing statement?
You will receive an email from RedZone whenever a payment has been made from your account. Charge(s) will also be reflected in your credit card billing statement.
- What technical support does RedZone provide?
We are here to assist if you are having difficulty accessing the Internet. We do not provide general computer applications, or hardware support.
- How do I reach tech support?
You can reach tech support by visiting http://www.redzonewireless.com/support, or (207) 596-5700 Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- How do I cancel my RedZone service?
If you have a Free, pay-as-you-go, or coupon account then you need do nothing. Your service will stop when your usage expires. To cancel recurring service contact our billing department. If contacting via email please provide the following identifying information as part of your request:
- Full Name
- Billing Address
- Telephone number and best time to reach at this number
- The date you request service cancelation
Hotspot Hosting FAQs
- What are the benefits of becoming a RedZone hotspot host?
Increase patronage to your business! Your business will be part of a system of hotspots; hotspot clients prefer to do business where high-speed Internet is available.
- Branding - Your brand will be visible on the Captive Portal / landing page, and patrons will be able to click links to view your current specials, menu items, events, promos, etc...
- Advertising - Your brand will be advertised on other hotspot locations, and your business listed on the hotspot map to help further increase patronage at your business.
- Support - Your patrons will have access to RedZone support via email and phone.
- Security - RedZone ensures that hotspot traffic is separate from, and will not interfere with, your business traffic. We can also implement customer content filters and firewall settings per your requirements.
- Network monitoring - 24/7/365 system monitor and remote network management
Additional benefits for Resorts, Hotels, Motels, & Campgrounds include:
- Voucher codes - provide guests with a unique voucher code at check-in. Charge for voucher codes or use voucher codes for priority guest access.
- PMS - Complete integration with Property Management Systems. Internet service can be billed directly to room statements.
- What do I need to provide to become a hotspot host?
You provide the high-speed Internet connection and space and power for RedZone to install hotspot controller (4”H x 6”W x 8”D), and WiFi access point ( 9”H x 3”W x 2”D).
- What types of businesses will you consider as hotspot hosts?
Any business that has high volume of patrons, with favor toward those businesses where patrons are present for longer periods, >30 mins. Examples include airports, train stations, bus stations, ferry terminals, restaurants, coffee shops, automotive repair centers, doctor's offices, hospital waiting rooms, etc.
- How much does it cost to host a hotspot?
There is a one time $100.00 charge for setup, which includes hardware configuration, test and turn-up, host logo and promo site integration, custom filtering, and fire-walling. Hosts are charged $25.00/mo thereafter. The monthly charge provides for all of the services and benefits listed in the “benefits of becoming a host” above.
- How do I signup to become a hotspot host?
If you would like RedZone to consider a hotspot installation at your business, please contact us.
Recommend a Location
Do you know of a place that could really benefit from RedZone's Free Hotspot access? Drop us a line.
- Up to 25Mb/s downloads
- Low latency
- Great for movie and online gaming
- Available for home and business
Wi-Fi and HotspotsLearn More >
Hosting, email, domain names, and more.Need web and email hosting, domain names, e-commerce merchant accounts, or SSL certificates?
Learn more >